Planning Scheme Amendments


From time to time, changes to the scheme are proposed to either reflect new circumstances or improve the scheme. The Minister for Planning, the council or an applicant can instigate an amendment.

The process for an amendment to the scheme is outlined in the Planning and Environment Act 1987.  The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) provides a guide which outlines the steps in the amendment process. An amendment may involve a change to a planning scheme map (sometimes called a rezoning) or a change to the ordinance (written part of the scheme) or both.


Visit Planning Victoria to see amendments to the Ballarat Planning Scheme.

On Exhibition